If you’ve had an abortion and want to see if you need help, ask yourself some of the following questions:
Has a recent event brought your abortion to the surface?
- Have you been struggling to turn off feelings connected to your abortion?
- Are you experiencing guilt and shame?
- Are you stuck in your guilt?
Do you have trouble believing God values and forgives you? Do you find it hard to forgive yourself?
Have you been longing to get pregnant?
Do you have unusually low self-esteem, or do you struggle with insecurity?
- Do you have trouble making decisions?
- Do you struggle with perfectionism?
- Are you an overachiever?
Are you uncomfortable around children, babies, or pregnant women?
- Do you have trouble bonding with your own children?
- Are you an overprotective mother or grandmother?
Are you struggling with intimacy & connection?
- With God?
- With your spouse?
- With others?
Have you disengaged from the things of God?
- Church & church activities
- Bible reading & studies
Are you having trouble forgiving others who were involved in your decision?
- Father of the baby
- A parent
- A friend
Are you struggling with self-destructive or harmful behaviors?
- Eating disorders
- Abusive relationships
- Substance or alcohol abuse
If you’ve said yes to some of these questions, you may be struggling with ‘Post-Abortion Syndrome’—which just means it’s time to seek some help and encouragement, and to talk.
Maybe Restoring Hope will benefit you…
You can send a confidential email to find out more about it.